Aequitas Law LLP was founded on 1 July 2008.
We are a young, dynamic and vibrant full service law firm which takes pride in our abilities to provide clients with commercially relevant and costs effective sophisticated legal representation. Our lawyers are responsive, thoughtful and vigorous advocates with a substantive understanding of our clients’ needs and interests. We place the highest emphasis in our relentless devotion to the pursuit of excellence in our work and representation.
We represent domestic and multinational clients in a wide range of industries over a comprehensive range of practice areas:
- Our Dispute Resolution Practice handles domestic and international matters in mediation, litigation, adjudication and arbitration. Our advocates are at the cutting edge of ADRs and strive to achieve the best possible outcome through negotiations and collaboration and non-contentious modes of dispute resolution. Where ADRs are unsuitable, our dispute resolution advocates provide sophisticated advice and vigorous representation in litigation, adjudication and arbitration.
In 2013, our Dispute Resolution Practice was awarded:
- The 2013 Corporate INTL Global Awards’ winners of both the “Mediation Law Firm of the Year in Singapore” and “Civil Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Singapore”;
- The 2013 Global Law Experts’ Practice Area Awards’ winner of both “Mediation, Law Firm of the Year in Singapore” and “Civil Litigation Law, Firm of the Year in Singapore”;
- The 2013 Global 100’s winner of “Law Firm of the Year - Civil Litigation – Singapore.
- Our Corporate and Commercial Practice encompasses domestic and international matters including mergers and acquisitions, venture capitalists investments, financing and underwriting agreements, escrow agreements, incubators arrangements, business restructuring for IPOs and intellectual property.
In 2013, our Corporate and Commercial Practice was awarded the 2013 ACQ Global Awards’ winner of both “Corporate & Commercial Law Firm of the Year” and “Compliance Law Firm of the Year”.
- Our Conveyancing and Real Estate Practice spans the full range of the businesses and transactions of licensed and unlicensed developers, landlords and tenants in commercial, industrial and residential leases, and the sale and purchase and financing / refinancing of commercial, industrial and residential properties. Our firm is in the Central Provident Fund panel and the conveyancing panels of banks in Singapore.